Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sonnet

It is dark and the sun has left the sky
The moon is but a small crescent
Far off in the distance, and far from my eye
It offers my room not luminescent

My eyes gain weigh each and every second
And my mind drifts into the abyss
Sleep calls to my mind and beckons
As my dreams drift off into deep bliss

I am quickly woken from my slumber
By a loud noise off in the distance
I open my phone and read the numbers
The time reads 3:05, sleep comes with resistance

Another night like this, I know it all too well
I can't seem to escape insomnia's grip
Sometimes I feel like I'm living in hell
A cold and lonely trip

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of interesting images here. For instance, I usually think of hell as a destination rather than a trip...but a trip actually makes it seem scarier. Technically, you've written a couple lines more than a sonnet contains. You need some version of 14 lines (8 + 6 or 4-4-4-2). Nice work on the rhymes though! 8/10

    ReplyDelete